A highly pigmented and saturated red. Denser, brighter, deeper and a bit darker than Bésame Red. Ideal for all skin tones. A semi-matte finish with one coat full coverage. The highest natural pigment content for a smooth, indelible, feather-proof finish. Enriched with squalane, vitamin C, and aloe. During the war, the American military forces commissioned the first Victory Red lipstick to women in uniform. The clear, strong tone looked vibrant when worn with the standard-issue, olive-drab jacket and skirt. The caps worn by women in the armed forces often featured a brilliant red braid trim detail, and Victory Red also accentuated this band. A color meant to inspire positivity and hope with the line, “Beauty as Duty”. The name of this shade references the Allied Victory in World War II. We painstakingly researched this red, based upon our collection of historical samples and lots of study. Our “Victory Red” is an absolutely faithful color-match to the original from 1941 and we hope it inspires positivity and strength in you when you wear it. All our lipsticks are true replicas of lipstick shades from the past. Gabriela searches through actual vintage makeup to pick out particular colors that speak to her and truly represent the years they were produced. Using only the safest and best ingredients we make long lasting lipsticks to give you classic glamour at any era. Encased in a red and gold lipstick bullet inspired by the tubes of the 1940s, these treasures will look lovely when applied, having everyone turn heads. With our classic lipstick shape designed for form and function, used for many lipsticks in the 1930s and 1940s, you can apply with ease. Use the sharp tips to line lips and the blunt side to fill in color. Blot once or twice with tissue for long-lasting wear. Get ready to be admired…
- Bésame Cosmetics was founded in 2004 out of a fascination with art, history, and beauty. Through a keen eye for color and historical expertise, we recreate modern reproductions of classic luxury makeup from the 1920s, ’30s, ’40s, and ’50s, designed to make women feel elegant, inspired, and empowered by their beauty, while honoring the style, spirit, and sensibility of female beauty.
- One of our best-selling shades, Victory Red is an exact replica of a popular shade worn in 1941, and is flattering on all skin tones.
- Encased in a red an gold lipstick bullet, inspired by vintage lipstick tubes. Looks lovely when using it, in your purse, or on your vanity!
- Bésame’s lipstick formula is highly moisturizing and highly pigmented. It’s long-lasting, non-drying, and has a beautiful semi-matte finish!
- Cruelty and Paraben free. Made in the U.S.A.